The run up to Christmas is for most, the busiest time of the year, but how could you use email marketing to help increase your share of the seasonal business?
For this month’s tip we will highlight a few ways to increase your campaign’s Open Rates.
- Remind yourself what you did in previous years and what worked well;
- Consider ideas that you didn’t use in the past but may be worth trying;
- Do you know who your competitors are?
- Look at what they do for their marketing;
- How are they approaching their clients?
- Keeping up to date with your competitors activity may inspire you to be more creative with your own campaigns although the fact your competitor is doing it doesn’t automatically means it’s right for you!
- Be short and clear in your message;
- Highlight the benefit to your client as your USP;
- Ensure that there is a simple and clear call to action in your message;
- Try to emphasise real value rather than empty clichés.
- Keep links obvious and relevant, with strategic use of images to keep the content interesting and varied;
- Try personalising your email to make it more friendly which will in turn improve your relationship with your readers creating a sense of customer care and trust;
- Try not to overload with too much content as this can put off the readers and your campaign will lose its impact.
Bentalls Shopping centre made sure that the information they email is relevant and easy to read.
Nothing beats an offer! As it is a the festive season, everyone is promoting their offers at every opportunity . Make your offers enticing and your updates exciting. It is a good idea to do the same with your email marketing campaigns to increase your click through rate allowing you to analyse your customer response and then send out more targeted emails to bring the customers in!
The festive feeling does not fade overnight in fact after Christmas retail shops see an increase of shopping, with many people cashing in gift vouchers, teenagers spend the Christmas money given to them by grandparents and a small percentage waiting for the January Sales to kick in! Create a campaign for after Christmas where you can still include offers, and even start to promote your January sale.
The Subject Line
This is the most important part of your email. A bad subject line will disengage the recipient and your open rate will be very low. The best offers and deals will be pointless if people do not open the email to read them! A festive subject line that will make your customers be more enticed to open and click. Try using the clients’ name in the subject line to create that personal touch.
Sending your subscribers a nice warm welcome and remind subscribers why you are contacting them is a great way to keep you in their mind if you have not contacted them for a while. If you are sending to a new database for the first time always introduce yourself first letting them know the nature of your future communication with them. Let them know the benefits they will receive by reading your emails.
On image on the top left is Braehead shopping centre. Braehead keep newsletter nice and simple with a hint of Christmas.
It’s Christmas after all! Make it festive! As everyone is in the Christmas holiday spirit it is always nice to target your customers emotions with the design so that they can relate to it. But keep it tasteful!
Now is a great time to tie in your marketing with your social media pages!
Social media -sign up to our newsletters to get “OUR GREAT CHRISTMAS OFFER”.
Newsletter – “check out our social media pages and talk to us! What are you excited about this Christmas”
Overkill- It is tempting to send offers after offers to subscribers to maximise the exposure but you run the risk of upsetting them which could lead to opt-outs! If you do you MUST ensure that each offer is relevant and different. Don’t just send the same one again and again!
- Attention to detail!
- Always test and test again and then get someone else to check it until you’re 100% sure it’s right.
- And last but not least, probably THE most important tip we can give you is RELEVANCY!