It’s the beginning of December, the red and gold decorations go up and the cheery festive songs starting to play on the radio. You can’t help but sing along to them (annoying as they are), Christmas is just around the corner and you can’t help feeling a little excited at the future festivities to come.
With less and less free time – busy shoppers every year are opting to surf on the internet to do their Christmas shopping so, you can understand why emails sent from retailers, online and offline, increase at this time of the year. Whether it is newsletter to their customers about up and coming festive events or extended opening hours to special Christmas offers, email is the most effective communication tool.
Here are some festive facts about the joy of Christmas shopping!
- Mobile phone shopping increased by 15% last Christmas.
- Christmas 2011, 49% of shoppers spent at least the same amount as Christmas 2010, and only 21% have reduced their spending.
- Consumers are spending more money online instead of the high street for a variety of reasons, the most obvious especially at Christmas is to avoid crowds, with over two-thirds of respondents citing this as the main reason. In close second and third places, both the convenience and lower prices.
- Consumers get their vouchers and discount codes in a variety of different ways, the most popular being online methods such as emails (44%).
- When the checkouts stop ringing on Christmas eve, the internet keeps on going – Massively, 88% of surveyed consumers said they will be online over the Christmas period.
- 65% of respondents with be using Smartphones and 44% using tablets for accessing social networks.
Check out our December tip of the month on how to create an effective Christmas campaign.Tweet