WHO WE ARE
Forfront is a software house based in Epsom, Surrey that was established in 1998. We have many years’ experience in delivering complex solutions to both public and private sector organisations.
Forfront’s main product is e-shot™, the marketing automation platform that successful marketers use to deliver highly-effective email campaigns - from lead nurturing to remarketing, from newsletters to autoresponders, e-shot™ provides a simple solution to a sophisticated area of modern marketing.
e-shot™ is a mature, stable product that services thousands of users and is constantly being developed and enhanced. With its growth, the demands for a secure and stable environment increase and we are looking for an experienced, highly skilled individual who is passionate about IT and ambitious in their drive for improvement.
Forfront is a member of the G-Cloud and DOS2 (Digital Outcomes and Specialists 2) frameworks and is committed to playing an effective role in the government’s digital transformation programme.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design a network infrastructure;
· Maintain the network;
· Configure and monitor the network (we use Zabbix);
· Configure network traffic and diagnose issues with network traffic;
· Setup, configure manage and monitor Firewalls;
· Manage load balancing and clusters;
· Diagnose issues quickly;
· Setup and administer DNS servers and authentication (DKIM SPF DMARC);
· Setup and manage SSL certificates;
· Setup FTPS or SFTP;
· Setup and manage Office 365;
· Install and manage Windows and Linux environments;
· Ensure servers are regularly updated, patched and access to production servers is restricted and logged;
· Experience with AWS or Azure cloud would be desirable;
· Maintain and deploy Cyber Security certification.
· Day-to-day execution of email deliverability, including onboarding configuration for new clients, troubleshooting campaign challenges;
· Strong understanding of ISP/domain-specific delivery policies, whitelisting and feedback loops;
· Maintain and implement best practices for sending bulk email;
· A good understanding of email end-to-end delivery including IP addresses, DNS, SMTP, authentication and email headers;
· 2nd line support in meeting client goals by improving inbox placement and other e-mail metrics;
· Work closely with internal teams, helping the Customer Services, Support and Account Management Teams with client issues;
· Keep up to date with the latest trends in email technology;
· Maintain the performance and health of network reputation.
The successful candidate must have proven record at designing and managing network infrastructure; excellent at diagnosing and solving technical issues; passionate about improving efficiency and obsessive about process and security. You must also be calm under pressure, confident, well organised and a team player.
An important part of the role is the responsibility for email deliverability, where previous experience will be a clear advantage.
We have recently migrated our collocate infrastructure from one data centre to a new one and although we are not planning another such scale migration, this would be a good way to know if this is the job for you. Would you be confident and able to manage such a migration? Design, plan, setup install and maintain a complex network?
You will be expected to be able to quickly identify and resolve live issues. Be organised and always aim to create a robust and secure operating infrastructure platform with low risk of unplanned downtime and adherence to industry best practices. The monitoring should pre-empt network issues, availability issues and bottle neck in the system etc.
You must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be comfortable dealing with clients and senior management.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
· Experience designing and managing a network infrastructure
· Email management
· Deliverability experience
BENEFITS AND PERKS
· Health Insurance (from second year)
· Pension scheme
· Some flexibility with hours
WORKING HOURS, PATTERNS, ENVIRONMENT
You'll usually work 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
You'll usually work in our Epsom office and may have to travel to our data centre on occasion.
Our office is in the centre of Epsom close to local amenities, has underground parking and is 7 minutes’ walk from the main train station as well as being near all the main bus routes.
The office has a large kitchen area and for those who like a bit of table tennis, a Wimbledon Corner with lively competitions. Ask for our being-a-forfrontier document for more details.