WHO WE ARE
Forfront is an innovative software house, established in 1998 and based in Epsom, Surrey. We have many years’ experience in delivering complex solutions to both public and private sector organisations.
Forfront has set an ambitious growth plan for its main product e-shot™, an established, secure digital communication platform trusted by the public sector to run highly effective communication and messaging campaigns. Whether it is newsletters to millions or notifications to individuals, e-shot offers the platform and support to deliver highly personalised and accessible messaging to the target audience.
We are looking for the individual to be a part of delivering this objective and targets.
Forfront is a Crown Commercial Service supplier and promotes e-shot via procurement frameworks such as G-Cloud. The company has ISO27001 certification, Cyber Essentials Plus and is committed to playing an effective role in the government’s digital transformation programme.
e-shot website - https://www.e-shot.net
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and implement product features in a pragmatic and sensible manner
- Ensure any code created is clean and adheres to coding best practices
- Progress and improve the e-shot codebase whilst implementing changes to the platform
- Translate visual mock-ups and wireframes to a useable product
- Upholds the company values - enthusiastic, committed, responsible, innovative and collaborative
- Catalogue and save work in an organised manner for efficient use by others
- Work effectively on tasks ensuring you prioritise your own workload accordingly
- Has excellent intuition and a can-do attitude
- Collaborate productively within our multi-disciplined project team environments, working alongside designers and other developers
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to accept and follow direction
- Has exceptional attention to detail
- A genuine passion for technology and keeps abreast of latest advances in technology
- A strong academic background (ie a relevant formal qualification, HND or Degree) or relevant industry experience
- Solid experience in software development, particularly involving the skills outlined above.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience working in an agile team and to a strongly defined software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in writing code tests, with interfaces and general coding design principles and patterns, eg, singleton, strategy, visitor...
- Proven track record taking ownership of tasks and coming up with technical solutions.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Basic salary: £50k – 60k (based on experience)
- Company annual bonus scheme
- Private health insurance is offered in the second year
- Company pension scheme
- Up to 30 days holiday per annum
WORKING HOURS, PATTERNS, ENVIRONMENT
- You'll usually work 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday with one hour break.
- We offer flexible, hybrid place of work.
- We offer some flexibility of working hours subject on your role.
- You may occasionally have to travel to meet customers and attend events.
Our office is in the centre of Epsom, less than 5 minute walk from the main train station and close to local amenities.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive job description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role. Employees may be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by the line manager from time to time.